Friday, March 6, 2009

My Post to NYCKitesurfers






Dear NYCKitesurfers,

Although some of you already know, I wanted to officially announce that I have moved from Manhattan to Waves, NC to take a position with REAL Watersports. Having spent 12 years on Wall Street, I can only say that I am thrilled to have landed a job in the kiteboard industry. My title is Marketing Director and my job will be to promote all of REAL's products, services and events.

Moving to Waves has been quite a culture shock. Yesterday I walked into a local bank branch and they knew who I was before I said a word. That's when you know you are in a very small town! I picked up my first two hitchhikers this week! It is amazing how friendly and helpful everyone is. After just a few days, you almost feel obligated to go out of your way to offer someone a lift.

Beyond that, I have surfed or kited everyday since I've been here, and although the air has been quite chilly, we are expecting 60 degree temperatures and 20mph winds this weekend!

One noteworthy event that would justify a road trip to Cape Hatteras is the 4th Annual Triple-S Invitational, considered by many to be the free-ride world championship of kiteboarding. The event is scheduled for May 30th to June 5th. Come witness world class pro riding, attend event parties and session until you are blind!

www.realwatersports.com

Please use me as a resource if you are planning a trip to Cape Hatteras. I look forward to seeing all of you soon!

Best regards,

Carl

Carl Giordano
Marketing Director
REAL Watersports
917.620.3725

No comments:

Post a Comment