Today I kited in the snow. It was pretty spectacular. Most people don't realize how cozy warm one can be in a good winter wetsuit. I've now sessioned three days in a row...two surf sessions and one kiting session in the sound. The Pamilco Sound stays quite warm I think relative to the ocean temperatures. No doubt though all three required full hood, gloves and booties.
Lulu, Ryan and I did a downwinder from from kite point to the house we were staying at for the retreat in Buxton. Not a long distance, just two miles, but we took our time and tacked back and forth and lofted ourselves at will in a crisp northern wind. It started to snow. Magical. One of those sessions I didn't want to end.
The sun is supposed to come out tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. :o)

No comments:
Post a Comment