The other day I decided to do something different. Instead of demoing another twin tip freestyle board like I’ve been doing for six weeks now, I decided to try a surfboard. I had done it twice before…that is, kite with a surfboard…and I definitely felt drawn to it. Hard to explain. It just felt like the right style of riding for me. I like to make big carvey turns and just cruise around at a pretty fast pace. If I jump, it’s a big lofty boost…nothing crazy.
So yesterday I demoed another one. A Naish Custom Gun. I was using it in the sound in huge chop and surfable swells. It was awesome. It was blowing about 25mph SSW. I was blazing upwind and carving downwind and having a ball! It is an extraordinary feeling to ride it strapless and let your feet move around the board….to not even jibe…just ride toe side! Such a different feeling than a twin tip.
http://www.naishkites.com/en/products/boards/custom_gun.html
For me, it felt great. That’s the beauty of a sport like kiteboarding. You can adopt a new style and reinvent yourself and suddenly you're learning again. Very cool feeling.
God I love this sport! :o)

No comments:
Post a Comment