I spent this past weekend in New York. I had loose ends to tie in the city and then I drove to Montauk to find a venue for our Alumni Retreat. Saw some good friends. I then spent time with my family in New Jersey. It felt good to be back. It was the first time in a long time that I looked at Manhattan, Montauk and my hometown...and all the people in my life...with such appreciation. It may have had something to do with the spectacular weather, but no doubt it felt good to see everyone. I think they call that home sickness.
But today, back in Cape Hatteras, I cranked away on the 20+ projects I'm working on to help grow this business. For example, this weekend I am hosting an editor with Go Outside from Suao Paulo and the Latin American distributor for North Face. Pretty cool. I am enjoying work for the first time in a very long time. That feels good.
And tonight...yet another sunset session. I don't think I'll ever get bored of the sunsets here. Even better...riding a strapless surfboard in the sound as it sets. Religious experience every time.
So far so good...and it's probably not a bad thing to appreciate the people and places in my life a little bit more.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment