Being from NYC, I'm accustomed to having pizza accessible 24 hours a day, 365 days a year...and within a 30 second walk. Here in Hatteras Island, you must wait until the pizza restaurants open in the Spring. Nino's Pizza opened on Tuesday and despite the 20 mile drive to Avon, it was worth it! When I arrived, Nino, an older man with a slight Italian accent, was sitting in the dining room taking a break from the kitchen. I introduced myself and said "I am sure glad you guys are open!." He was very touched that his pizza was so appreciated. Thankfully in Avon we also have a Food Lion and a Chinese Buffet! It is truly a Metropolis! :o)
Friday, March 13, 2009
Nino's Pizza
Being from NYC, I'm accustomed to having pizza accessible 24 hours a day, 365 days a year...and within a 30 second walk. Here in Hatteras Island, you must wait until the pizza restaurants open in the Spring. Nino's Pizza opened on Tuesday and despite the 20 mile drive to Avon, it was worth it! When I arrived, Nino, an older man with a slight Italian accent, was sitting in the dining room taking a break from the kitchen. I introduced myself and said "I am sure glad you guys are open!." He was very touched that his pizza was so appreciated. Thankfully in Avon we also have a Food Lion and a Chinese Buffet! It is truly a Metropolis! :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment